I've found a yumm Cake Recipe that I immediately had to try, and let me tell you, it was super fantastic!!
Delicious Lemoncake à la Cynthia Barcomi
Ingredients for the dough:
100 gr flour
50 gr starch
150 gr sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
150 gr soft butter
45 ml milk
3 eggs, softly beaten
1,5 teaspoons vanilla essence
1-3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Zests of 1 lemon
Ingredients for the icing:
75 gr sugar
65ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
1.Preheat the oven to about 190 degrees Celsius. Butter your cake tin and dust then with a thin layer of flour.
2. Stir the milk, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice and lemon zest.
3. Mix the flour, starch, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, then add the soft butter cut in small pieces.
4. Add half of the egg-/milkmixture to the the flour-/buttermixture and start mixing everything all together. Add the remaining egg-/milkmixture in 2 steps to the dough and continue to mix everything with your kitchen machine.
5. Insert the dough into your cake tin.
6. Bake the cake for about 20-25 minutes. Check with a toothpick, if the dough is no longer sticky. If its OK, let the cake cool down in your cake tin for about 10 minutes. Afterwards get the cake out of the tin and lay it rest on a kitchen grate.
Preparation of the icing:
1. Heat up the sugar and the lemon juice in a pan until you get a sirup texture.
2. Insert some small holes (with a fork or a large toothpick) into your cake then pour the sirup over the cake. Let it soak up all of the sirup.
3. After another 5-10 minutes, the cake is ready to be eaten!!
It was the perfect "sweet and sour" cake I had in a veeeery long time!!
Hope you like it as much as we did at home!