Jul 10, 2014

This rainy weather...

…will definitively make me fat.

I am super uninspired what to do at home with the kids, when the rain is pouring down that much everyday. I think I have pulled out all my stops, when it is about entertainment for my kids. The drawing, the reading, the puzzles, the indoor football and tennis, the cleaning, the car races etc. etc.
I am getting to the point where baking is the "next level"…

So today we baked a nice and dewy Chocolate-Strawberry-Cake.





And since I don't want to be the only "fat" mom out there, I share the recipe with you! LOL!

Here we go…

Ingredients
200 gr butter
200 gr chopped dark chocolate
200 gr cane sugar
1 Pckg vanilla sugar
4 Eggs
200 gr flour
1/2 Tsp baking powder
200 gr Strawberries (or Cherries or raspberries)

(butter and flour the baking form, so the dough won't stick to the form after baking it!)

Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
Melt the butter then add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melt too. Let it cool down. Mix the cane sugar, vanilla sugar and the eggs until its light and fluffy paste. Insert the cold melted chocolate/butter mix to the sugar/eggs mixture and mix until everything is compound. Add the baking powder to the flour and mix it quickly. Then add the flour to the chocolate mixture until you get a soft dough. Add the berries carefully and then put everything into the baking form.
Now bake the cake for about 30 Minutes in the oven.

After baking, let the cake cool down and then sprinkle some icing sugar on top and place some left over berries for a nice look… Tataaaa… Enjoy!

xx Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment